Who We Are:
Paxata is the first cloud-based Adaptive Data Preparation™ platform built for the business analyst. Our technology dramatically reduces the most painful and manual steps of any analytic exercise, turning raw data into ready data for analytics, and empowering analysts to drive greater value for the business.
Our Paxata Implementation Methodology, provides an iterative framework for
- Defining the business use cases – what are the data inconsistencies/ pain points?
- Exploring and Enriching the Raw data, Refining, Relating and Shaping the data
- Publishing the Right data to the analytics tools of choice
- Measuring the Results against the business use case, and, most important:
- Learning, Adapting, and Iterating
Paxata Customer Success professionals help users achieve business value rapidly, and assist in continuously increasing Paxata usage after the initial deployment. Our team delivers results.
What you would be doing:
- Our Services team works with Enterprise customers. Although most are cloud-based, some Enterprise customers install Paxata on-premise. We work with these customers to make these installations painless, quick, and (most of all!) effective for our clients.
- Key for all our customers is helping get our business use Paxata define and solve their use cases. Working mostly from our office (but with travel to customer sites when necessary), you need to be able to consult with these customers about how Paxata fits within their environment. This will involve talking to…
- IT-professionals about things like compatibility with any and all of their existing platforms; how the application works with their enterprise Big Data strategies (including “classic” relational, warehouse, & NoSQL); installation / upgrade procedures, proper hardware sizing and configuration; and so on
- Business professionals about how and where they plan on using the application: planned & potential application use cases, file sizes and formats, geographic considerations, and related topics
- We mentioned Big Data, but how could we forget Visual Analytics products like Tableau and QlikView? A good portion of the data we prepare for customers will end up in those tools, so you’ll need to be able to help ensure we’re part of a smooth source(s)-to-consumption flow for the client that works for these platforms, too!
- Although you’re our technical guru, you can give a training class to end users .You can design and present a demo that impresses , and you certainly will mentor the Paxata superstars (we call them PaxPros!) in their organizations.
- We’re a fast-growing, dynamic startup, so you’ll work closely with engineering and product management , and develop new tips and tricks, documenting all of your smart ideas and solutions so other folks can learn from you
- You’ll do what it takes to ensure customer success, includes hand-off and coordination with pre-sales, support, software engineering, product management, and other members of the professional services team
- You want to work at a startup tech company! You want to be part of a -ground-floor professional services organization, where you can really make a difference
- You’ve done this kind of work before—you work smarter and harder because you’ve not only done it, you love it and stand at the intersection of “been there, done that” and “what’s next?”
- You are obsessed with customer success. You are obsessed with customer success. You are obsessed with customer success… (Get the point?)
- You have two best friends: one named “Data” and the other is “Analytics”
- In case we forgot to mention it previously, we work with data. Lots of it. You should have done the same in some way, shape or form. Microsoft Excel™ jockeys are great and you can string together some epic SQL when required.
- You are fascinated with new technologies and can’t wait to get your hands dirty trying new stuff
- You are REALLY good at listening! You know success is linked to understanding the real questions our customers are trying to answer
- We want you to have fun, so you expect to work hard and play hard. We laugh a LOT… and want team members who bring more of that around the office
- Minimum 4 years of current client-facing experience in technical consulting or data analytics professional services
- RDBMS, Linux, JDBC/ODBC, J2EE, Integration Technologies, System Architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field. (Could we make an exception? Possibly… experience counts for a lot)
- Eligibility requirement: US citizenship
- Must have the ability to travel as needed (expected travel is 25% or less)
- Background in vertical industries such as financial services, government, CPG/retail, and /or high-tech manufacturing.
- Demonstrable hands-on with NoSQL (Hadoop, Map-Reduce, etc.) Amazon Redshift
- Ditto with Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, GoodData, and / or MicroStrategy